Energy efficient homes at Chapel Mill
New homes to save you money on your bills
Home movers are increasingly choosing a new build over an older home because of the immediate benefits of the considerably lower running and maintenance costs, as well as the ability to charge energy-saving electric vehicles at the property. New homes at Chapel Mill have at least a B rating, which is amongst the highest available, being in the top 4% of EPC* performance in this country**. This gives buyer peace of mind, knowing that their heating bills will be amongst the lowest possible to achieve and their homes will be warm and cosy through the winter months.
The energy crisis is highlighting starkly the efficiency benefits and cost savings offered by new build homes. Energy efficiency is a growing priority for house hunters and the financial savings that can be made nowadays. New homes need drastically less energy and power to heat, so are therefore significantly cheaper and more environmentally friendly to run than most second-hand homes.
As energy bill sore, more and more people are recognising the benefits of new build homes when moving home and 1 in 4 say it is a crucial factor in their choice of home when moving.** The Home Builder’s Federation stated in 2017 that new build homes saved owners £629 a year, but now are reporting that recent Government research found that buyers of new build houses can save an average of a whopping £2,600 a year on energy bills. See their report below.**
Although older homes can be retrofitted to achieve better efficiency, but that route can be very expensive, with average bills of £8,000 or more for properties with an EPC* rating of D or E, and more for properties rated F or G**. These costs include installation of wall and loft insulation, energy efficient lighting and new heating systems to improve your energy efficiency. Who knows what the future holds, but the cost of running a new home will always continue to remain lower compared to the equivalent older home.
Georgia Bridge, Area Sales Manager at Create Homes is noticing that more and more buyers are concerned about rising energy bills, and are choosing a new build home, over older properties. She said: “The energy efficiency cost savings that our new homes provide at Chapel Mill is more important than ever to our customers. Household bills, such as gas and electricity, are significantly reduced in new-build properties. With over £200 a month potentially being saved, it has become a very appealing factor in the decision to purchase.”
Not only are new-builds cheaper to run, they are also substantially better for the environment as a whole, as carbon emissions are significantly lower, generating just 1/3rd of the equivalent older home**. Higher energy standards for new builds are having a positive impact on the UK’s progress towards net zero.
In a nutshell, your brand new Create Home:
- Is compliant to latest building regulations
- Is cheaper to run, with lower bills than older homes
- Generates 1/3rd of the carbon of older homes
- In the top 4% of EPC* performance in the country, rated B or above
- No expensive retro-fit work required
- The option of green mortgages
To help cut energy bills and reduce carbon dioxide emissions we provide in our 'Prestige Collection' homes at Chapel Mill:
- Energy efficient Worcester Bosh gas boilers^ and heating systems^, tailored to each home
- Hive programmable 'smart' thermostat. Scroll for more information below.
- Argon-filled double-glazing as standard, which allows the heat from the sun in whilst minimising heat loss.
- Efficient 'A' rated hide & slide oven^
- 'A++' rated Nitro ceiling extractor^
- Low energy LED lighting^
- Quality wall and loft insulation
- Modern double-glazing to help to regulate the temperature of your home
- Electric car charging provision (see link to Smart Charging tips, below)
- Flow restrictors on taps so water isn’t wasted
- Thermally efficient cavity & loft insulation - warm in winter & cool in summer
- We also consider the design & layout of our homes carefully to improve ventilation and air circulation
^ Subject to plot specification - speak to your Sales Executive
**As mentioned in the 'WATT A SAVE' HBF Energy report (Autumn 2022)
NEW TO CHAPEL MILL: THE HIVE THERMOSTAT MINI
Enjoy the next generation of smart heating in your new Create Home at Chapel Mill, with the Hive Thermostat Mini, a clever gadget designed to make controlling your heating easy, helping you to save money⁽¹⁾ on your energy bills too.
Control the heating of your new Create Home with the new Hive Thermostat Mini, now supplied and fitted in all ‘Prestige Collection’ homes at Chapel Mill. As well as being able to control your heating from smartphones, tablets, Apple watches & Android devices, the system works with voice control on your Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, Siri Shortcuts or IFTTT. With features like instant alerts, frost protection, geolocation and holiday mode, the Hive Thermostat Mini could save you an additional £311 per year⁽¹⁾ on the heating & hot water bills in your already energy-efficient home.
Advantages of your Hive system:
- Manage your heating and hot water from anywhere using the Hive App on your smart phone
- Switch your hot water on and off, boost or schedule it in the Hive App
- Find out the temperature of your home and if the heating or hot water is on, when you are not there
- Geolocation reminds you to switch off the heating if you’ve gone out and left it on
- The Boost Heat function gives you up to 6 hours of heating and hot water outside your normal schedule
- Holiday mode lets you manage your heating while you’re away
- Built-in frost protection protects your pipes in winter if the temperature drops below 7°C
You will need:
- Internet connection of 1.5Mbps or higher
- iOS or Android device running an up-to-date operating system
- Hive App download (iOS or Android)
Hive helps you save money by:
- Setting schedules to heat your home only when it is occupied
- Only using the heating when you need to
- Cutting energy use when you are away and making sure your heating and hot water is already on when you get back
- Frost protection ensures no expensive repair bills in freezing weather
- Hive products come with a 1-year standard warranty for peace of mind
You can upgrade your Hive system later if you:
- Want your upstairs warmer than your downstairs or vice versa
- Want to build on your system with other Hive products' such as radiator controls to add more functionality
- You can join Hive Heating Plus for £3.99* per month and get ongoing warranty cover on your Hive system
(1) This figure is subject to change. Price correct according to the Hive website on Jan 2023.
* EXTRAS: These can be purchased directly from Hive. Check price at time of purchase.
APPOINTMENTS FOR CHAPEL MILL DEVELOPMENT
We build homes that are not just beautiful, but also enhance wellbeing. Why not make an appointment to discuss the benefits of a new build home at Chapel Mill with our Sales Executives?
*WHAT IS AN EPC?
An EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) gives a property a rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years. You will receive your EPC when you buy your new home.
An EPC also contains:
- Information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
- Recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money