ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM CREATE HOME WITH SHARED OWNERSHIP
Introducing Shared Ownership scheme by Home Reach.
Through this initiative, more people will have the opportunity to live in one of our quality Shared Ownership Create Homes in the perfect location, with just 5% deposit. If you are struggling to get a foot on the property ladder, our Shared Ownership homes can be secured with a low deposit, subject to eligibility*. You can buy now between 50% and 75% of your new home, and at a later date you can increase your share of the property, or even buy it outright when your financial circumstances change. You pay rent on the rest, making it an affordable way to achieve your first home.
Contact us today to find out which developments currently offer this opportunity on our online form.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SHARED OWNERSHIP SCHEME
The Home Reach scheme is very flexible, you can sell or move at any time, or buy more of your home in the future and stop paying rent on that part.
Your budget and affordability will decide the size of the share you initially purchase. A Financial Advisor will advise you how much you can afford. You will then pay a monthly rent on the rest, whilst enjoying the security of home-ownership and the opportunity to own up to 100% at a later date if you wish. You can initially purchase shares from 50% up to 75% of your home, depending on your affordability* and your landlord will grant you a 125-year lease. This means you will be able to live in your home as if you’ve bought it outright, with just a 5% deposit.
- You can enjoy the security of home ownership
- It’s an affordable way to get on the property ladder
- There is no stamp-duty for first time buyers (up to £425,000 property value)
- It can be a great investment, as your share of the property could go up in value if there is an increase in property prices.
- Pets are allowed in most cases, unlike in some rental agreements
- You have the freedom to decorate and improve your home to your taste
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
You are eligible to purchase a Shared Ownership property if the following relates to your circumstances:
- Your household income does not exceed £80,000 per annum
- You have a deposit (at least 5% of the share value)
- You have been registered and approved for shared ownership by a Financial Advisor (we can advise you on this step if you wish)
- You are a first-time buyer or previously owned a home, but cannot afford to buy 100% of the property now
- You have passed a financial assessment, demonstrating you are able to purchase the minimum share value and support the monthly costs
- You have a good credit history (no bad debts or County Court judgments) and can afford the regular payments and costs involved in buying a home
- The property will be your principle and only home at time of purchasing